Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Play Misty For Me?

I couldn't think of anything fashion-y to write about so I thought I would just chat on about my life at the moment. The only fashion-y thing I did today was tie a pink scarf into a french-style bow round my neck when I went out for dinner. For me and my self-confidence it was a big step. Isn't that tragic?

Anyway. Its 11:35pm and I've got my old pal Ella Fitzgerald on ITunes. My day has been weird, my parents are back from Paris and once the 'yay they're home' feeling passed I felt like a nasty daughter who wanted them to go so she could watch whatever she wanted. I liked this weekend, my brother is on his XBox Live pretty much all the time so I watched all my shows; scrubs, newlyweds, mighty boosh, frasier... without them moaning on. I baked cookies which looked awful, but tasted delicious and on my second attempt managed a pretty good birthday cake for my Dad. Although, it has yet to be tasted. Today I woke-up so late, like 12:30pm and I ended up watching the new ANTM because Mum and Dad went out. I should be working, I have so much to do. I tidied my room a bit, rearranging my bookshelves and watching Mighty Boosh. After dinner, I stuck on Rufus and read some fanfiction. Now I've gone into my maudlin 'God why do I listen to love songs, they make me worse' phase where I am sitting on my bed with a melancholic expression as 'Misty' plays. Its like something from a bad Indie movie. Maybe I should just find my lyric journal and use some of the gazillion post-its and write some kind of song, to get it all out of me.

3 comments:

Jello on Springs said...

i was thinking abt that the other day, i recently broke up with my boyfriend and all i do is listen to sad love songs, why we listen to songs that make us feel worse, i have no clue.The pink scarf french-style sounds quite cool.

Cellar Door said...

Wallowing in a moody love song can be delicious- just don't over do it...

Lauren said...

i love weekends when the parents are away ;)