Thursday, March 13, 2008

What are we scared of?

Although I like to think of this as a fashiony blog, and I read so many others every day; I always feel embarrassed at the idea of someone in my classes knowing this and looking at my outfit in disbelief. My fellow students are so casual, which I think has effected me. Its uggs, casual trousers/jeans, hooded tops, tshirts. I usually wear jeans with some kind of long-sleeved tshirt layered over something. I like wearing cardigans too, sometimes dresses. If someone wears something 'on trend' or in a bright colour they really stand-out in my classes. Sometimes I think my lecture clothes reflect my commuter status, I have to travel into classes so I don't want to look bizarre.

I think my current poor excuse for style is a result of my god-awful self confidence. There is a girl in my classes who wears really cute clothes, that are 'riskier' than other peoples and I always love and envy her clothes. She shows it can be done! My classes are all done for the year - I know! - but maybe in September I will find some confidence and start dressing in exactly what I want to wear.






6 comments:

Selina (Flying Saucer) said...

totally in the same boat here! i've been trying to change my attitude though and dressing for me and only me! i always hope that maybe i might walk past even one person who will secretly think 'oo that's nice' and change their day a bit. in the future i think i'll look back and kick myself for now dressing how i want x

Dear Sonea said...

I absolutely adore your header!

Stephanie said...

Go for it! Trust me, it's way more fun.

Anonymous said...

You should have confidence in yourself, especially if you know what looks good on you and what doesn't! I'm petite so I know I can't get away with V-necks or baggy tops, because they only serve to make me look smaller. Just wear what you want and feel good about your assets :)

The Beauty Mum said...

Nooo! Don't wait til September! Do it now, be brave :)

soph said...

go for it! then you'll be the girl that the others are envying cos shes got such rad style!
it does take confidence tho...i chicken out of outfits sometimes too..
really nice blog btw :)